In recent months, we've been monitoring how cryptocurrency and blockchain are disrupting the finance industry and our Catalyst platform tracks topics such as Bitcoin and the growth of Ethereum.
Ethereum has been making a lot of noise lately because the digital currency has been tipped to become bigger than Bitcoin.
Ethereum prices have steadily climbed since March...even a few of our team have bought some!
Source: The Atlas
Though it's not all smooth sailing and this week saw Ethereum fall below $200 - down 50% since its all-time high and some analysts are predicting the bubble may burst.
While Bitcoin is all about online payments, Ethereum is a platform for running decentralized apps (aka smart contracts). For the big banks, Ethereum presents an interesting opportunity to leverage the technology for real-world applications. For example, Barclays is using Ethereum's smart contracts to trade derivatives.
You can read some of the recent insights tracked by Catalyst below:
- Ethereum vs Bitcoin: Which is Winning?
- BlackRock’s Top Economist Predicts a Bitcoin / Ethereum Bubble
- Why Ethereum Holds So Much Promise For Central Banks
- Is Ethereum Ready for Widespread Adoption?
- NEX Group, Global Currency Exchange, Is Most Excited About Ethereum
- Why Haven't Ethereum Traders Cashed Out Yet?
- The Best Bitcoin and Ethereum Explainers
You can track Bitcoin and other related topics with Catalyst Alerts.
Why Ethereum is Overtaking Bitcoin?
One of the best explanations we've seen this month. It illustrates why Ethereum is the next digital currency to watch and how it's leveraged by high street banks.
Daily Insights on FinTech
If you are tracking Fintech or other disruptive tech, then get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org for a team trial of Catalyst!