The high street shopping experience will be different in the future. Recent figures show that brick and mortar stores are closing at an unprecedented rate.The chart below shows the number of US retail stores closing this year.e-Commerce giants such as Amazon and Alibaba are dominating the market, providing mobile-first shopping experiences for the digital consumer. Retailers are now playing catch up and using technology to capture the imagination of consumers and transform their business.
Read more about Smart Street here.
- In the Amazon era, debating the store of the future
- Fingerprint scanners top UK ranking of cool retail tech
- Amazon Is Forcing Retailers to Push Innovation Into Overdrive
- Brick and Mortar Retail Is About to Get a Technology Makeover
- Desperate retailers are on a tech shopping spree
- Why Retail Labs Are Toast
Daily Insights In Your Inbox
Track breaking news on innovation and emerging technology such as RetailTech, e-Commerce, VR / AR and artificial intelligence. Click the button below to learn more.