The face of retail is changing and our Catalyst platform has been tracking trends in the e-Commerce and retail industry.
The world's first Smart Street launched in London inviting visitors to experience a "traffic free, sustainable, innovative and experiential outdoor retail and leisure space."
The high street shopping experience will be different in the future. Recent figures show that brick and mortar stores are closing at an unprecedented rate. The chart below shows the number of US retail stores closing this year.
e-Commerce giants such as Amazon and Alibaba are dominating the market, providing mobile-first shopping experiences for the digital consumer. Retailers are now playing catch up and using technology to capture the imagination of consumers and transform their business.
Read more about Smart Street here.
Source: Business Insider May 2017
How Retail Brands Are Innovating With New Technology
You can read some of the latest insights below tracked via Catalyst.
- In the Amazon era, debating the store of the future
- Fingerprint scanners top UK ranking of cool retail tech
- Amazon Is Forcing Retailers to Push Innovation Into Overdrive
- Brick and Mortar Retail Is About to Get a Technology Makeover
- Desperate retailers are on a tech shopping spree
- Why Retail Labs Are Toast
Daily insights in your inbox
Track breaking news on innovation and emerging technology such as RetailTech, e-Commerce, VR / AR and artificial intelligence.
Sign up for Catalyst Alerts here!